Thanks so much for your interest in the 2019 FLIR Innovation Challenge!
You can submit your idea for consideration at the bottom of this page. In order to participate you must first read and accept the terms of the participation agreement.
That’s it! You will receive a confirmation mail to indicate that your submission was accepted. Here are a few things to keep in mind for your initial idea submission:
Your initial idea submission should include on a high level:
- Which scenario your idea/solution addresses
- A high-level description of the idea/solution: what does it do, how should it work (no secret IP info), what benefits the user realizes
- What FLIR devices/technologies does your solution use and how
- A high-level description of a suggested business model for FLIR and the participant and a description of how potential customers would use it
- Initial thoughts on what a joint proof of concept might include, assuming budget up to SEK 250,000
- Feel free to submit earlier – the earlier we get your response, the sooner we’ll come back with feedback and/or questions on your submission!
- Applications received after the February 13th deadline will NOT be reviewed by the jury.
- If submitting an idea, make sure that if chosen as a Finalist you would be able to attend the in-person development kick-off meeting on March 6th, 2019 and the project demo day on April 12th, 2019 in Stockholm
- Do make your initial submission on a level of detail where you do not reveal any secret information that is important for your company/team, or provide any detailed descriptions on how your idea, invention, product or service works. Intellectual property rights for the initial submission, and software, demo setups etc. produced during this challenge are retained by each participating team, where however each team grants FLIR a license to use such software, demo setups etc. as presented in the challenge, for the purposes and duration of the challenge. By entering the challenge, FLIR is granted a first right of refusal to negotiate any further commercial collaboration with each team regarding the commercialization and further development of their submitted solution.