FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / compatibility, Development Platform, React Native, Swift / Any experience using FLIR SDK within the React Native framework? Or ideas on it?

Any experience using FLIR SDK within the React Native framework? Or ideas on it?

Home Forums iOS development Installation and getting started Any experience using FLIR SDK within the React Native framework? Or ideas on it?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of James James 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark

Participant

Hi there, I’m new here!

I’m building an iOS and Android app with React Native, and would like to support FLIR image taking inside my app. I’ve already read on the forum that it’s not recommended: “Working with platforms using just one codebase such as React Native can lead to many unforeseen or unsupported problems” in here. Still I’d like to try to make it work since I’ve already got the app halfway developed with React Native, and it would be great for other developers to know too if and how it’d possible, since React Native is getting more popular.

One way I’ve researched is using swift modules inside React Native for iOS like here and here . Can anyone validate this idea? Or any obvious problems with this?

Or would there even be an easier way to get started?

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!:)

Profile photo of James
    James

Participant

Hey Mark!

I’m currently in the same boat as you found yourself mmmmmm about 8 months ago?? Just wondering if you’ve made any progress on integrating their SDK with your React Native app? I imagine having to learn all the Obj-C code required to do your own RN integration would probably have taken you that long, and that’s certainly no slight towards you my friend… it’s just that, HOLY F*CK! Haha, hope you’ve had success!

Cheers,

Eli

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.