FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / android, FLIR One / Binder driver protocol does not match user space protocol

Binder driver protocol does not match user space protocol

Home Forums Android development Installation and getting started Binder driver protocol does not match user space protocol

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Emilio Emilio 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Emilio
    Emilio

Participant

Android Studio: 3.4.2
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017) (right now, the device has Android 8.1.0)
    Camera: Flir One Pro LT

I’m trying to replicate the demo application for Android to my project. We are using API 27 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017) (right now, the device has Android 8.1.0). Turns out that this device is not listed in the Android Device Compatibility, see here. This is gonna be a problem?

I have downloaded the demo app on Google Play, Flir One and it works with my camera plugged in.

Trying to run the demo application into my Galaxy Tab A, I receives this errors:

E/ProcessState: Binder driver protocol does not match user space protocol!
    E/ProcessState: Binder ioctl to set max threads failed: Bad file descriptor
    A/ProcessState: Binder driver could not be opened.  Terminating.
    A/libc: Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 in tid 19210 (anopresidentels), pid 19210 (anopresidentels)

This error is caused by the onStart() method when trying to startDiscovery(). The App starts and then, just crash.

Why this is happening? This maybe be because my device is not on the list of compatible devices?

I appreciate any help, thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.