FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / Android 1.1.1 / Can't get RGB image without invoking thermalImage.getFusion().getPhoto();

Can't get RGB image without invoking thermalImage.getFusion().getPhoto();

Home Forums FLIR Mobile SDK Development Android Development Can't get RGB image without invoking thermalImage.getFusion().getPhoto();

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sinek Sinek 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Sinek
    Sinek

Participant

Hi,

The SDK frame rate is quite low on some devices so I set fusion mode to FusionMode.VISUAL_ONLY and I only want to work with RBG images (and be able to access thermal data via thermalImage.getMeasurements()).

So I wanna skip calling thermalImage.getImage(); but the problem is that thermalImage.getFusion().getPhoto(); returns some junk unless thermalImage.getImage(); is invoked.

I would expect thermalImage.getFusion().getPhoto(); returns correct rgb image without a need to invoke thermalImage.getImage().

Does that make sense or I’m missing something?

Also, I know you guys are very busy and there are lot of junk and duplicate posts here (I know, cos’ I’ve posted some which I can’t delete) but it would be polite and professional to provide answers in some decent period.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Sinek
    Sinek

Participant

Any updates on this?
    Thanks!

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael

Participant

Hi Sinek,

I just wanted to confirm I see the same – getFusion().getPhoto() does not work correctly unless you call getImage() first.

Even getValues(…) returns garbage values. This is a shame because it should not be necessary to pull the image data.

Unfortunately calling getImage() results in the frame rate dropping to under 2 FPS on many devices.

There are some serious performance problems with this SDK and there appears to be no work-around without FLIR getting involved.

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

This issue is currently under review by our technical support team for the Mobile SDK. I’ll give you an update as soon as I hear back.

Best,
    Gavin
    FLIR Community Support

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hi Michael and Sinek,

What camera are you currently using?

Gavin
    FLIR Community Support

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael

Participant

This question is about the SDK and applies to all FLIR hardware. (Tested with FLIR ONE PRO and FLIR ONE PRO LT)

It is not possible to ONLY get the thermal data and using the SDK to get images is far too slow.

Profile photo of Sinek
    Sinek

Participant

I’ve been using Flir One and Flir One Pro.

Thanks

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hey Michael and Sinek,

Currently GetPhoto doesn’t work without calling getImage. As a workaround you can seat de_fusion mode to VISUAL_MODE and then call getImage. This may improve the performance and the measurements will work in this case. Regarding the low FPS you are experiencing it is currently being worked on.

Gavin
    FLIR Community Support

Profile photo of Sinek
    Sinek

Participant

Thanks Gavin.
    Yeah, I use VISUAL_MODE only.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.