Custom palette

Home Forums FLIR developer community General discussion Custom palette

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Dani
    Dani

Participant

Is it possible to make a custom palette as Iron, Lava, Hottest… but with custom colors and combine with the visual image as BlendedMSXRGBA8888Image. Is it possible on Android and iOS?
    How should be done, is there an example?

Thanks

Profile photo of Tim Liew
    Tim Liew

Hi Dani,

The SDK doesn’t have anything that let’s you create and use a custom palette, however, you can take the thermal data and map it to your desired RGB values and display it instead, essentially creating your own palette.

Best,
    Tim

Profile photo of Dani
    Dani

Participant

Thanks for the reply Tim.

Is there a way to combine or blend my custom thermal palette with the visual image? Is possible?

Thanks

Profile photo of Tim Liew
    Tim Liew

Hi Dani,

Not with a function in the SDK itself, but you can try manipulating the visual image yourself either by overlaying the thermal image (remember to scale correctly) or by just manipulating the pixels of the visual image.

Best,
    Tim

Profile photo of Dani
    Dani

Participant

After a while, I have found a way to generate a custom palette with the following tool: https://bitbucket.org/napalmy/palette-generator-binary. It allows to generate a .pal file, and now my question is this:
    How can I make the SDK read the .pal file and visualize my custom colors for Android and for iOS?

Thanks,
    Dani

Profile photo of Allison
    Allison

Hi Dani,

I am currently looking into this. I will report back when I have some answers.

Thank you,
    Allison Torchia

Profile photo of Allison
    Allison

Hi Dani,

Unfortunately, the SDK doesn’t currently support that feature.

However, there is at least one other developer on the way to implementing it. Cal will follow up with you with their contact information.

Thank you,
    Allison Torchia

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.