FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / ADB, android, debugging, ethernet, FLIR, help / Debugging on Android with FLIR

Debugging on Android with FLIR

Home Forums FLIR One developer community General discussion Debugging on Android with FLIR

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nikola Nikola 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Pedro Quintas
    Pedro Quintas

Participant

How can you run Android debug mode on a device with the FLIR camera plugged in?

Any tips on how to run time debug an Android app with a FLIR ONE?

Thanks for your time

Profile photo of Ian Butler
    Ian Butler

Participant

With the phone connected over USB, make sure your computer and phone are on the same WiFi network, then use ADB from the command line to:

1. Get the IP address of the phone: adb shell ip -f inet addr show wlan0
    2. Tell ADB to use TCP/IP: adb tcpip 5555
    3. Connect to your phone: adb connect {IP_ADDRESS}:5555 (replacing {IP_ADDRESS} with the address found in step 1

When you use Android Studio to start debugging, you should then see your phone listed with it’s IP address, select that item in the list to start debugging over WiFi.

Pedro Quintas

Participant

Thanks Ian, I’m going to try that!

Would this need to be done through Linux?

Pedro Quintas

Participant

Thanks Ian,
    it worked perfectly!
    and I can now use the FLIR for debugging real time.

Cheers

Profile photo of Helia
    Helia

Participant

Hey guys,

Is there a way to debug or collect data via the usb port? I was hoping to store the thermal images to my pc in real-time.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Tim Liew
    Tim Liew

Hi Helia,

You would have to send the thermal images through a serial port connection. Have you tried ADB yet?

Best,
    Tim

Profile photo of Helia
    Helia

Participant

Hi Tim,

I’m unable to send thermal images through any of the options. When I tried the ADB approach via Ian’s instructions (in reply #3467), I get an error on the third step:

“Unable to connect to {my ip address}: cannot connect to {my ip address}:5555: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. <10060>

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Helia

Tim Liew

Hi Helia,

What device and Android version are you running? Have you tried a different phone and connecting that over ADB? I know some phones with specific OS versions may run into problems with ADB.

Thanks,
    Tim

Profile photo of Helia
    Helia

Participant

Hi Tim,

Apologies for the delay in response! I’ve just tried connecting the ADB with a number of devices and have 2 responses:

1. With Samsung Galaxy S5, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, and LG G4, I get the following error: “Unable to connect to {my ip address}: cannot connect to {my ip address}:5555: The requested address is not valid in its context. <10049>”

2. With HUAWEI CPR-L09, and HTC One M9, I cannot even run past the second command “adb tcpip 5555”. It just freezes after I enter the command.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Helia

Profile photo of Helia
    Helia

Participant

Scratch that, I think I just resolved the issue. Just tried a different ip address and it’s now connected. Thanks!

Tim Liew

Glad to hear that it works!

Best,
    Tim

Profile photo of Steven
    Steven

Participant

I’m using Android Studio 2.1.3, on Win7 for Android development. Have had no problems debugging with any of the devices I’ve connected previously (Samsung, Motorola, LTE, BLU, Nexus, ….) however I just received a Cat s60 with the FLIR camera developed for Bullitt, and apparently none of the ADB drivers I have installed are compatible with it so it does not show up as a deployment target when plugged in via USB cable. If I look in the Device Manager, it is indeed unrecognized. I’ve been searching for a compatible driver but have yet to find one. There are dubious 3rd party “driver” installs but id rather find an official install from Bullitt, or Flir, or from the CatPhone website, or even Qualcomm as the phone uses the Snapdragon processor, but so far I’ve been unable to locate one. Does anyone here know where I can find a compatible Win7 ADB driver for the Cat s60?

Profile photo of Ian Butler
    Ian Butler

Participant

Here is the ADB driver for the Cat S60 from the OEM: https://flir.box.com/v/CatS60-adb-driver-windows

Profile photo of Nikola
    Nikola

Participant

Hello Ian,

it seems that the link is dead, why there is no official ADB driver for CAT S60.
    Generally there is some kinda of PC Suite for smartphone and S60 is no exception I suppose?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.