FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / EGL_BAD_SURFACE libEGL / EGL_BAD_SURFACE errors Android

EGL_BAD_SURFACE errors Android

Home Forums FLIR developer community General discussion EGL_BAD_SURFACE errors Android

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Larinni Larinni 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Devrim
    Devrim

Participant

Hello
    Is there any idea about the reasons of these EGL_BAD_SURFACE errors and possible solutions ? The errors are randomly observed. I can observe them in the reference Android app too.
    Thanks

1- flironeexampleapplication E/libEGL: eglQuerySurface:714 error 300d (EGL_BAD_SURFACE)

2- flironeexampleapplication E/libEGL: eglMakeCurrent:945 error 300d (EGL_BAD_SURFACE)

Profile photo of Dominique
    Dominique

Hello Infrared Developer,

Would you please tell us what phone and FLIR One you are using?

Thank you,
    Dominique Strauss

Profile photo of Devrim
    Devrim

Participant

I observe the problem with Samsung SM-T810 Tablet PC, Android 5.0.2, API 21 device. Error rate is high with FLIR ONE GEN2 and relatively lower with FLIR ONE GEN3. (I read about similar problems in big screen resolution but I am not sure)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Devrim Devrim.

Dominique

Hi Infrared Developer,

Thank you for providing that information. that particular device isn’t currently on the list of Android devices we’ve tested and confirmed to be compatible with the FLIR ONE. We are in the process of testing additional devices, and in the meantime we recommend that you use one of those currently on the compatibility list:

http://flir.eu/flirone/android/?bvstate=pg:10/ct:q

http://www.flir.tw/flirone/support/compatibility/

It is very likely that there is a tablet GPU incompatibility with the FLIR One.

Do you have any of the devices listed above?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
    Dominique Strauss

Profile photo of Devrim
    Devrim

Participant

Thank you Dominique. I can especially go on development with Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ SM-G928I specs – SamMobile. The rate is very low with Gen 3.

Anyway, could you tell me the reasoning of the EGL_BAD_SURFACE type errors ? Could it be a workaround ?

Dominique

Hi Devrim,

Unfortunately we do not currently have a workaround.

We are continuing to work on adding to our compatibility list

Thank you,
    Dominique Strauss

Profile photo of Devrim
    Devrim

Participant

Dominique, thank you for your comments.
    Anohter point is that the official FLIR ONE application is running very robust on Samsung SM-T810 Tablet PC device. I think, the official app already has a workaround in it. Could you comment on this ?

Profile photo of Peter
    Peter

Participant

Hi!

I’ve got the same problem on CATS60. The same problem is FlirOne example application. GLSurfaceView instance lost EGL context. There is interesting if GLSurfaceView OnPause is not used in app. lifcycle, GLSurfaceView works correctly after re-enter screen off via power button.

Dominique

Hi Peter and Devrim,

We are continuing to look into this. We will keep you posted on the progress.

Thank you,
    Dominique Strauss

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Could be that the EGL context isn’t set up right. Are you missing a makeCurrent() somewhere? If you’re running this in the UI thread you may need to make the EGL context current more often, as the UI thread may be using GLES for its own rendering.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Allison Allison.

Profile photo of Devrim
    Devrim

Participant

Hi Anonymous,
    Could you make your comment more clear please ?

Profile photo of Carlos Manuel
    Carlos Manuel

Participant

I have the same problem when my app goes to background and then resumed. Dominique you speak about compatibilily but the official Flir ONE app, from the playstore, works perfectly in the two devices that i tested, that these devices are not in the compatibilty list that you share, and the sample application that comes with the SDK fails too when apply the previous process. I you are able to share the source code of that app i think that will be better.

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S6: SM-G920P OS: Android 7.0
    KYOCERA: E6820TM OS: 6.0.1

Flir:
    Flir One Gen 3 for android devices.

Profile photo of Allison
    Allison

Hi Carlos

Unfortunately, we cannot share the source code for the app. Additionally, we generally see GLSurface issues like EGL_BAD_SRFACE because of how some phone’s GPU’s handle the GLSurface. I can suggest looking into these solutions https://developer.flir.com/forums/topic/recover-the-device-connection/
    If the issue persist past those solutions, I can escalate the issue and see if we can find a different solution for you.

Thank you,
    Allison Torchia

Profile photo of Carlos Manuel
    Carlos Manuel

Participant

I understand the thing with the source code, the thing that i dont understand is why the app that comes with the SDK didn’t work and the one in the play store works fine, i think that the sample app sould be fixed. Don’t you think so?

Profile photo of Vlad
    Vlad

Participant

What are the solutions for this issue?

Profile photo of Vlad
    Vlad

Participant

Have there been any improvements in this issue?

Profile photo of Larinni
    Larinni

Participant

The problem persists. Any solution for that?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.