FLIR Mobile Developer / Blog / Topics / app, FLIR One, xamarin / Extracting Images on Android Device

Extracting Images on Android Device

Home Forums FLIR developer community General discussion Extracting Images on Android Device

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alexander Alexander 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Simon
    Simon

Participant

Hi all,

I work internally developing a Xamarin application for a large facilities provider in the UK. We currently use FLIR handheld cameras but we have a FLIR One Pro to investigate the feasibility of using those instead.

I would like to allow our engineers to take a thermal image using the standard FLIR One Android software, and then pick that image up within our application.

Is there a way to get both the Thermal and normal camera images from the stored jpeg without using the SDK? Using the SDK would mean that i have to create the Xamarin bindings and from experience it is never a simple operation.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hi Simon,

I’m going to escalate this question internally and will reply here when I get an answer.

Best,
    Gavin

Profile photo of Simon
    Simon

Participant

Thanks, have they come back with any updates yet?

Simon

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hi Simon,

I’m sorry for the delay, expect a complete response in the next 1-2 days to answer your question.

Best,
    Gavin
    FLIR Community Support

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately the answer is no, there is no way to extract the visual and IR images without using the SDK.

Best,
    Gavin
    FLIR Community Support

Profile photo of Simon
    Simon

Participant

Hi Gavin

That’s ok, I finally got the Mobile SDK working with Xamarin last night so can use all of the features.

Thanks

Profile photo of Alexander
    Alexander

Participant

Thanks for the info i will try to figure it out for more.

omegle

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.