FEVER SCREENING

Home Forums FLIR developer community General discussion FEVER SCREENING

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gavin Gavin 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Sam
    Sam

Participant

Which Flir thermal camera is suitable for fever screening?
    Any low cost Flir thermal camera model that we can use?
    We see the accuracy for many models to be +/- 2 degrees. Is that good enough?

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hi Sam,

I’m currently looking into this and should have an answer by the end of tomorrow.

Thanks for waiting,
    Gavin
    FLIR Community Support

Profile photo of Sam
    Sam

Participant

Hi Gavin,
    Looking forward to you answer.
    Sam

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hi Sam,

The Lepton in the FLIR ONE isn’t specifically calibrated for medical use. Although it may work, I would recommend you supplement the temperature readings with more accurate contact thermostats.

Gavin
    FLIR Community Support

Profile photo of Yamakawa
    Yamakawa

Participant

Hi Sam,
    Just to chime in from Japan.
    In Japan, 1 degree above normal body temperature of 36.5 degrees Celsius is considered a response of contracting a virus or fever.
    So a +/- 2 degree thermal product is NOT suitable for fever screening.
    I tested the FLIR One device, and the actual reading is indeed +/- 3 degrees as stated in the spec. Despite it’s light-weight, unfortunately can’t be used to tell a healthy person from an affected one.

With that said, I had trouble going through the FLIR product catalog. Which FLIR product is at least +/- 1 degree? I found some German one that seems to do it, but still can’t tell which FLIR one can. I would appreciate help from FLIR support.

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hi Yamakawa,

All FLIR Products will have some discrepancy in measurement. It varies from lens to lens rather than model to model, thus I cannot guarantee a sepcific model measuring within 1 degree every time.

Apologies,
    Gavin
    FLIR Community Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.