Flir one final image resolution

Home Forums Android development Flir one final image resolution

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hannah Hannah 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Amit
    Amit

Participant

Hi,
    I am using flir one gen 2 for android with the sample app that came with SDK. The image resolution I am getting right now is 480 x 640. Whereas if I use the flir one app (from play store) it gives a 1440 x 1080 resolution with same flir gen 2 device. So, I guess there is a way to change resolution somehow.

Can somebody please share how can I improve final image resolution using code?

Profile photo of Devrim
    Devrim

Participant

Hi
    FLIR ONE GEN2 visual camera resolution is 640×480 pixels. In Gen3 attachments the visual resolution was increased to 1440 × 1080 pixels. I predict that FLIR ONE App interpolates the frames when needed to get a common image resolution of 1440 × 1080.

I could not find a way to increase the resolution in FLIR ONE SDK programatically. With FLIR ONE Gen2 device it would only be an approximation. If you need more resolution, you could manipulate your original frames by yourself using known image processing techniques.

Profile photo of Allison
    Allison

Hi Amit,

Devrim is correct that the FLIR ONE GEN2 visual camera resolution is 640×480 pixels. Also that there is no method in the SDK to just increase the resolution. His suggestion to increase the resolution using known image processing techniques should work.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you,
    Allison Torchia

Profile photo of Amit
    Amit

Participant

Thanks guys for the information. I did waste some time investigating how to change resolution in SDK.
    How about the rotation of the device? Is there a way to tell the device that orientation has changed from landscape to portrait or vice-versa. I have an app which takes photos from mobile camera and flir one at the same time. The previews are in landscape orientation. Smartphone camera automatically changes preview on phone rotation but flir device somehow has some issue. The thermal preview is always rotated 90 degree wrong. Any suggestions?

Profile photo of Allison
    Allison

Hi Amit,

It looks like rotation isn’t supported by our current SDK (3.0) however, there might be a workaround. Please see this forum post: https://developer.flir.com/forums/topic/how-to-rotate-thermal-image-with-glsurfaceview/

Hopefully, that helps you get it working for you.

Thank you,
    Allison Torchia

Profile photo of Amit
    Amit

Participant

One more question please. For some reason, I am trying to use the synchronous version of frame processing, so my onFrameReceived method looks like this:

public void onFrameReceived(Frame frame) {
            if (currentTuningState != Device.TuningState.InProgress) {
                Map<RenderedImage.ImageType, RenderedImage> mapp = frameProcessor.getProcessedFrames(frame);
                thermalSurfaceView.requestRender();
            }

The problem is the synchronous call never returns back (I have also tried starting a new thread for each received frame). Could you please share what might be happening here?

Profile photo of Allison
    Allison

Hi Amit,

I’m still looking into the questions you’ve posed and I hope to get back to with resolutions for them soon. I apologize for the delay.

Thank you,
    Allison

Profile photo of Hannah
    Hannah

Participant

How does the device scale the thermal values? Is it a simple interpolation or is it performing some sort of super resolution? tutuapp android

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.