FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / FLIRCamera deallocation UI Freeze

FLIRCamera deallocation UI Freeze

Home Forums FLIR developer community General discussion FLIRCamera deallocation UI Freeze

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gavin Gavin 2 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott

Participant

I’ve run into an issue where deallocating a FLIRCamera causes the app to freeze, once connected to an actual device.

You can replicate this with the provided sample application by adding a button that sets the camera property on the view controller to nil.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott

Participant

How to reproduce:

Add button that set view controller with camera property to nil
    Tap button that starts device discovery
    Discovery calls camera found delegate method on presented view controller
    View controller connects camera with callback identity
    Subscribe camera to stream
    Tap added button to set camera property to nil
    Camera is deallocated

Expected:

UI remains active

Actual Results:

UI freezes

Note: This issue does not occur when using the emulator.

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hi Scott,

It looks like you’re using the legacy SDK.

The new SDK can be found here: https://developer.flir.com/mobile/flirmobilesdk/.

You will also find the new SDK, example applications for the iOS and Android as well as a migration guide from the old SDK.

Best Regards,

Gavin
    FLIR Support

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott

Participant

I’m using the same SDK exhibiting the issue described Here

However, the “Getting Started > Download the SDK” link from the top navigation bar points to the legacy SDK, so it’s somewhat confusing for new developers. For example, while integrating with Android, our developer downloaded the legacy SDK from the navigation bar and ended up using that instead. He’s currently reimplementing with the new SDK as it does not support newer devices and versions of Android. I was fortunate enough to have found the latest version via the blog article, which seems to be the only correct link.

• This reply was modified 2 days, 12 hours ago by Profile photo of Scott Scott.
    • This reply was modified 2 days, 12 hours ago by Profile photo of Scott Scott.

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hi Scott,

Thanks so much for reporting this. The navigation to the new SDK should be easier now (Getting Started>FLIR Mobile SDK Quick Start Guide). I’ll look into your original issue this weekend and will hopefully have a response on Monday.

Thanks,
    Gavin
    FLIR Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.