FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / android / FLIROnExampleApplication on Android Error Runtime

FLIROnExampleApplication on Android Error Runtime

Home Forums FLIR ONE SDK Development iOS development Installation and getting started FLIROnExampleApplication on Android Error Runtime

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dominique Dominique 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Marie
    Marie

Participant

This is the example that comes with the SDK for Android.
    I am using Android Studio 2.2.
    My configuration is as follows
    apply plugin: ‘com.android.application’
    android {
    compileSdkVersion 24
    buildToolsVersion “24.0.0”

defaultConfig {
    applicationId “com.flir.flironeexampleapplication”
    minSdkVersion 18
    targetSdkVersion 24
    versionCode 18
    versionName “1.2.8”
    }
    buildTypes {
    release {
    minifyEnabled false
    proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile(‘proguard-android.txt’), ‘proguard-rules.pro’
    }
    }

}
    dependencies {
    compile fileTree(dir: ‘libs’, include: [‘*.jar’])
    compile(name:’flironesdk’, ext:’aar’)
    compile ‘com.android.support:appcompat-v7:24.2.1’
    compile ‘com.android.support:support-v4:24.2.1’
    }

repositories{
    flatDir{
    dirs ‘libs’
    }
    }

The error is as follows
    $ adb shell pm install -r “/data/local/tmp/com.flir.flironeexampleapplication”
    Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS: Failed to extract native libraries, res=-113]

$ adb shell pm uninstall com.flir.flironeexampleapplication
    DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR
    Error while Installing APK

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

Thank you in advance.

Marie

Profile photo of Tim Liew
    Tim Liew

Hi Marie,

The Android SDK currently only supports ARM processor devices or emulators, and that error indicates it is trying to be run on another architecture. On what device are you trying to run the app?

Best,
    Tim

Profile photo of Christopher
    Christopher

Participant

I am also getting the same error (“INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS: Failed to extract native libraries, res=-113”) when I try running the provided FLIRONEExampleApplication. I am using a MacBook Pro and am trying to emulate it on the Android Accelerated x86 (API 23) emulator through Android Studio. How would I properly set up an emulator that uses the ARM architecture instead in Android Studio? I have also updated the FLIRONEExampleApplication to support the latest updates that Android Studio offers.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Christopher Christopher.

Tim Liew

Hi Christopher,

You can specify the architecture of your emulator to be under ARM instead of x86 in Android Studio.

This might help: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30405740/android-studio-how-can-i-make-an-avd-with-arm-instead-of-haxm

Best,
    Tim

Profile photo of Christopher
    Christopher

Participant

Thank you Tim for the suggestion. I have tried this, but the emulator freezes completely on the booting “Android” screen (I cannot reach the main screen with all the apps). I can tell because the darkening of certain parts of the word “Android” stops moving from left to right after a minute of waiting. I’m not sure if armeabi-v7a is compatible with the Galaxy Nexus 7 API 23. Which emulator and settings would you recommend using on a Mac with the FLIRONEExampleApplication?

Tim Liew

Hi Christopher,

I’ll see if there are any recommended emulators, but most often it is best to use actual devices for testing.

Best,
    Tim

Profile photo of Dominique
    Dominique

Hi Jayesh,

Could you please be more specific with what you are conveying above? Are you addressing C’s specific issue?

Thank you,
    Dominique Strauss

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.