FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / swift ios FLIRScale / FLIRScale.disableAutoAdjust?

FLIRScale.disableAutoAdjust?

Home Forums FLIR Mobile SDK Development iOS Development FLIRScale.disableAutoAdjust?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Justin Tjoa Justin Tjoa 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Ove
    Ove

Participant

I’m trying to change the FLIRScale of an image by using func setRangeWithMin(_ min: Double, andMax max: Double)

It doesn’t work correctly because the value FLIRScale.isAutoAdjustEnabled() returns true

There is a function enableAutoAdjust in the SDK, but I can’t find a disableAutoAdjust().
    Anyone found a solution for this?

To FLIR-staff: Will FLIRScale.disableAutoAdjust() be included in future updates of the SDK, or will the function FLIRScale.isAutoAdjustEnabled() is changed to read/write property?

Profile photo of Justin Tjoa
    Justin Tjoa

Participant

Hello Ove! I will look into this now and if I need to I will escalate the question.I will respond ASAP.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Justin Tjoa Justin Tjoa.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Justin Tjoa Justin Tjoa.

Justin Tjoa

Participant

Hi Ove! I will escalate this matter. Thank you!

Profile photo of Ove
    Ove

Participant

Thank you, Justin

Profile photo of Ove
    Ove

Participant

It looks like the SDK is ignoring your customized FLIRScale and uses the auto scale instead.
    I have found a sort of workaround for this problem, which works for me:

1. You set your wanted range by func setRangeWithMin(_ min: Double, andMax max: Double) immediately before you save the FLIRThermalImage.
    2. When you reopen your thermal image again with FLIRThermalImageFile.open(_ path: String!), store the range somewhere in a temporary variable, by using FLIRThermalImage.getScale()
    3. Then, when show your image in a UIImageView with uiImageView.image = flirThermalImage.getImage(), you should “reset” the thermal images FLIRScale.setRange(...) with your temporary scale variable.

Justin Tjoa

Participant

Hello Ove, sorry for the late reply. I am glad you came with a solution. Please let us know if there are any more issues.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.