FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / mobile / getImage() returns nil on FLIRThermalImage

getImage() returns nil on FLIRThermalImage

Home Forums iOS development Installation and getting started getImage() returns nil on FLIRThermalImage

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott

Participant

I’ve run into an issue when adding support for FLIR One to a large Objective-C / Swift app. The camera object returns an instance of FLIRThermalImage when imageReceived() is called on its delegate, but calls to getImage() on the thermal image return nil. Calling getPhoto() *does* work correctly. I get the exact same behavior with the emulation (the instance of FLIRThermalImage returns a photo, but not an image.)

What’s odd is that a bare bones Swift project I setup does work correctly. And I’ve tried adding one additional Objective-C class to the project to trigger adding a bridging header, etc. – which had no impact (it still returns IR images from the thermal image.)

Returning a photo but no image seems to be significant result, so I’m hopeful this is a known issue or someone can point me in the right direction.

I’m using the latest SDK released on the 4th with Xcode 10.2 across multiple devices running iOS 13 / iOS 12.x.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott

Participant

I’ve been able to reproduce the problem in my bare-bones Swift test app by integrating the MapBox SDK and adding a map to the same view controller.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott

Participant

I have a sample project I can provide to reproduce the issue. Essentially, I took the storyboard from the sample app from the SDK, added it to a Swift project, then reimplemented the view controller in Swift.

When an MGLMapView is instantiated programmatically after a 10 second delay, the IR image stream freezes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.