FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / android One making rectangle temp read on screen / Getting temperature value with Mobile SDK and FLIR ONE

Getting temperature value with Mobile SDK and FLIR ONE

Home Forums FLIR Mobile SDK Development Android Development Getting temperature value with Mobile SDK and FLIR ONE

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark Mark 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Yamakawa
    Yamakawa

Participant

Hi,</p>
    <p>The developer FAQ said this:<br />

<br />
    How do I implement the crosshairs and temperature reading similar to the one on the official stock app?<br />
    To implement crosshairs with a temperature reading like the official stock FLIR One app, First find an image of crosshairs, display it in a view that is layered on top of the thermal view, and add a text label to reflect the temperature based on the radiometric data under the crosshairs.<br />

<br />

Developer FAQ

<p>And I saw another thread mentioned thermalPixelValues(), however, I could not find such a function in the mobile SDK. Especially upon checking the “flirOneCamera” SDK sample app.</p>
    <p>

<br />
    The temperature values can be extracted using renderedImage.thermalPixelValues()<br />

</p>

Saving thermal image and temperature values in a .txt file.

<p>Can you point me to the right direction on getting the temperature value via the Mobile SDK?

• This topic was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Yamakawa Yamakawa. Reason: forgot to provide the link

Yamakawa

Participant

Hi,

Does a similar function of renderedImage.thermalPixelValues() exist in the mobile SDK?
    How do I get temperature reading with the mobile SDK?

Yamakawa

Participant

This problem was solved by contacting support at custhelp.com via the flir.com site.
    ——
    With the FlirOneCamera sample and the mobile SDK,
    Call the getValueAt() method on the ThermalImage object.

Like:
    —–

msxBitmap =
    BitmapAndroid.createBitmap(thermalImage.getImage()).getBitMap();
    Point pt = new Point(10, 10);
    double temp = thermalImage.getValueAt(pt);
    Log.d("DEBUG", "temperatureAt(x,y)=" + temp);

——

The value with be in K (Kelvin) from Absolute Zero (-273).
    So 299 – 273 = 26 degree Celsius
    —–
    temperatureAt(x,y)=296.4120792701059
    temperatureAt(x,y)=299.8829179513838
    temperatureAt(x,y)=299.4268107397164

This issue can be marked closed. (If there’s anyone monitoring this forum at all)

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark

Participant

I want to create a rectangle that includes most of the upper half of the frame and then get the max temperature from inside that rectangle.

Then, i want to display that temperature on the screen and create a double that holds the value for use in the backend.

This explains only how to log it. Is there a way to display it?
    And also use the rectangle.

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin

Participant

Mark – Did you find a way to do this? I’m looking to do something nearly identical and somehow am losing the reference to the ThermalImage when passing it to the MainActivity from the CameraHandler.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Profile photo of Justin Justin.

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark

Participant

What I did for (https://febricity.app) is I used the entire frame and cycles every 10 pixels so as to not consume too much processing power on a phone.

You would want to use a Rect object if you must have a rectangle.

Did you create an appropriate Getter function in the handler to pull to main activity? Depending on how quick you want to slap something together, you could just have it happen in the handler class.

Another thing, if you are trying to detect faces or people, you might want to jump the gun and use Lepton, since I doubt a phone can run OpenCV fast enough for practical use. Hope that helps!?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.