FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / compass, gps, invalid / GPS Info "invalid" and Compass Info all zeros

GPS Info "invalid" and Compass Info all zeros

Home Forums FLIR Mobile SDK Development Android Development GPS Info "invalid" and Compass Info all zeros

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jordan Jordan 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin

Participant

I’m building on top of the “Sample FLIR One Camera app” from the SDK download page. I am able to connect to my FLIR One Pro LT and can see the thermal and visible video feed is working. My problem is that I am unable to extract metadata such as GPS location and compass info. This is what my code looks like:

https://pastebin.com/yr8UPWmk

When I go into a debugger to look at the fields of gpsInfo and compassInfo, they’re all -1 or 0. In fact, gpsInfo has a field “isValid” which equals “false”. Why can I not get this information? Is there some Android permission I haven’t enabled? I tried explicitly enabling android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION, but this didn’t help.

Profile photo of Jordan
    Jordan

Participant

This has never worked for me either. I resorted to capturing the coordinates myself using the phone’s location provider.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.