FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / android, flir one issues, problems, samsung s8 / Help – Flir ONE not working on Android / Samsung S8

Help – Flir ONE not working on Android / Samsung S8

Home Forums FLIR developer community General discussion Help – Flir ONE not working on Android / Samsung S8

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Allison Allison 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Matt
    Matt

Participant

Dear Internet people,

Your help please!

I have just purchased a FLIR ONE / Android from Ebay as i need it for research in the study of “UFO’s”.
    I have charged the Phone and FLIR batteries up.

Updated my OS

Installed the FLIR App

Connected the camera to phone

-Powered up the Camera.

The App will NOT detect.

However i noticed there has been some photos uploaded into the phone Gallery
    (which makes me assume there is some connection)

– Also i noticed earlier when the phone battery was flat; upon connecting the FLIT, a screen would flash up warning about battery use.

(again this shows there must be working connections).

Otherwise I am lost…
    I am guessing this is OS / App issues?

Profile photo of Allison
    Allison

Hi Matt,

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the app again. Also, you can try cycling the FLIR One by following these steps:
    * Turn the FLIR ONE on and wait ’till the green blinking light comes up.
    * Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds ’till the green light turns red or simply disappears. Do it twice. (the camera has to be power on when doing the hard reset)

If you are using a protector case into your phone, you may want to try taking it off and then plugging the camera back in as it may disrupt connection.
    If possible, it would be helpful to try the FLIR One with other Android phones to make sure it is the FLIR One that is having trouble connecting not your phone.

Please let us know if any of these steps help resolve the issue.

Thank you,
    Allison Torchia

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

it was working smooth on my iPad Pro when it was running on ios 10 however as I have updated to ios 11.3 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

thanks&regret

Profile photo of Allison
    Allison

Hi ASDFSAFD,

Please make sure your app is up to date by checking for an update in the app store. If it is already up to date, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app again, then restarting your iPad.

I have confirmed the latest version of the app works with iOS 11.3, but if you are still experiencing problems, you may consider updating to the latest iOS: 11.4.1.

Thank you,
    Allison Torchia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.