FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / Is it worth it for a homeowner to own an infrared camera?

Is it worth it for a homeowner to own an infrared camera?

Home Forums FLIR ONE SDK Development iOS development Installation and getting started Is it worth it for a homeowner to own an infrared camera?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of mike mike 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Author

Profile photo of mike
    mike

Participant

I think this is a tool that would come in handy. The obvious application is detecting air leaks to increase your home’s R-value. Maybe that application alone makes it worth it.

But coming back to the “seeing through walls” thing, you can get creative. E.g.: Have a clogged pipe? Run hot water down the drain and see where the image stops showing heat in the pipe.

The high rated FLIR C2 Compact Thermal Imaging Camera is $500, which is out of my budget.

I’m looking at buying something like the Seek Thermal Compact Imager, which is around $200. It plugs directly into your smartphone and is more aimed at the consumer level. However, I do not know if this camera is good enough to see through walls, like the FLIR can.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.