FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / Device_Specific, S8+, samsung / Issue with Flir One and Samsung Galaxy S8+ devices

Issue with Flir One and Samsung Galaxy S8+ devices

Home Forums Android development Issue with Flir One and Samsung Galaxy S8+ devices

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ute Ute 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Milos
    Milos

Participant

Hi,

my team and me are having strange issue with Samsung Galaxy S8+ mobile devices and Flir One thermal cameras.

Our application records thermal images for:

RenderedImage.ImageType.ThermalLinearFlux14BitImage

and

RenderedImage.ImageType.ThermalRadiometricKelvinImage types.

When we capture thermal images using two Samsung Galaxy S8+ devices we get different results.
    What does that mean? That means that on the first ‘GOOD’ device we get proper values for both thermal image types.
    However on the 2nd – ‘BAD’ device we get wrong values for ThermalRadiometricKelvinImage data. Each value we received is: 22314 EXACTLY.

Both Samsung Galaxy S8+ devices are running latest OS and OS patches provided by Samsung.

Issue is possible to reproduce on ‘BAD’ device older OS and OS patches too.

Do you have any idea what can cause the problem that we are describing and what do you suggest us to do?
    Are there any ‘certified’ Android devices that you can suggest to us to use instead of Samsung Galaxy S8+?

Thank you in advance!

• This topic was modified 4 months ago by Profile photo of Milos Milos. Reason: Messed up html

Profile photo of Milos
    Milos

Participant

After intensive testing and verifying that we are performing tuning, i am sure that camera is tuned every time, however for every Radiometric Kelvin type’s pixel we are getting the same values again and again (that is: 22314). Sometimes, we get good data. It lasts for some time (hour for example), but it starts returning 22134 again.

Profile photo of Allison
    Allison

Hi Milos,

I apologize for the delay in response.

Our developers are currently looking into this issue. During your testing, were you only using the latest version of the SDK or did you also try using the older version also available here https://developer.flir.com/flir-one-software-development-kit/ If you haven’t and have a chance to, that would be really helpful.

There have been some temperature issues with the latest SDK that we are still working towards resolving.

Thank you,
    Allison Torchia

Profile photo of Milos
    Milos

Participant

Hi,

yes, we tried the latest SDK, but we have also the same issue with the older one we primary use: Flir SDK 1.2.8.

Best regards!

Profile photo of Milos
    Milos

Participant

I got this issue with Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Android 9. Here are some details (if helpful):

Flir info:
    Battery level: 56
    Flir SDK info:
    Version name: 1.2.8
    Version code: 128
    Detected repeating value: 22314
    Tuning state: ApproximatelyTuned

After a half of hour, camera recovered and started returning good values again! No change in our application codebase was done!

Profile photo of Raleigh
    Raleigh

Participant

Just what I needed, worked a treat, thank you! psiphon

Profile photo of Ute
    Ute

Participant

It solved my problem…Thank you so much for it
    DQFanFeedback.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.