FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / android, Lock Span, Palette / Lock span problem on Android

Lock span problem on Android

Home Forums FLIR One developer community General discussion Lock span problem on Android

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Charles Charles 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Charles
    Charles

Participant

When I call frameprocessor.setPaletteLocked(true) on Android with FLIR ONE Pro Gen 3, the picture doesn’t stay the same. Instead, the background seems to somewhat darken. Here are the two images before and after the call.

Image before span is locked
    Image after span is locked

The FLIR ONE app doesn’t have this problem. So I am wondering what else I need to do in order to keep the image exactly the same after locking the span.

Profile photo of Charles
    Charles

Participant

Can someone help with this question? How do I lock the upper and lower temperature of the images? Calling frameprocessor.setPaletteLocked(true) through the SDK doesn’t seem to work properly.

Profile photo of Allison
    Allison

Hi Charles,

I apologize for the delay. Please try

if (false == FrameProcessor.palettesLocked()) {
    FrameProcessor.setPaletteLocked(true);

However, in previous versions, we had issues with FrameProcessor.palettesLocked() being reversed. So you may want to try

if (true == FrameProcessor.palettesLocked()) {
    FrameProcessor.setPaletteLocked(false);

I will look into this further and update you if I find anything else.

Thank you,
    Allison Torchia

Profile photo of Charles
    Charles

Participant

Hi Allison:

Thanks for your reply. Your code doesn’t seem to fix the problem that I reported about the change of the image before and after the method is called.

As the source code is opaque to us, we have no idea how to make this work like in the FLIR ONE app. Being able to lock the palette is critically important for thermal imaging in the real world if we want to maintain the same coloration for a set of images.

Regards,
    Charles

Profile photo of Allison
    Allison

Hi Charles,

I apologize for the delay. I am still currently working on this issue. I hope to have it resolved within the next couple of days and have a solution for you.

Thank you,
    Allison Torchia

Profile photo of Charles
    Charles

Participant

Hi Allison:

Anything new with regard to this problem?

Charles

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.