FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / android / Multi threading issue with Android 1.1.1 SDK

Multi threading issue with Android 1.1.1 SDK

Home Forums FLIR Mobile SDK Development Android Development Multi threading issue with Android 1.1.1 SDK

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gavin Gavin 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Eugene
    Eugene

Participant

Hello.

There’s an issues with trying to handle ThermalImagefrom cameraInstance.withImage in separate thread. Code looks like this:

camera.subscribeStream {
      Thread {
        camera.withImage { handleImage(it) }
      }.start()
    }

private fun handleImage(image: ThermalImage) {
      image.fusion?.setFusionMode(modeManager.current)
      image.palette = palettesManager.current
      val msxBitmap = BitmapAndroid.createBitmap(image.image).bitMap
      runOnUiThread { ivPreview.setImageBitmap(msxBitmap) }
    }

When this code is executed, image in handleImage() function only receives visual data. In Visual mode i see clear picture, in Thermal mode – green screen.

After trying the same approach in example project that I’ve downloaded from your site, everything work perfectly.

In the end I had to copy old version androidsdk-release.aar and thermalsdk-release.aar from sample project into my work project for it to work properly.

Would appreciate if this issue with threading will be fixed. Thank you in advance.

Profile photo of Eugene
    Eugene

Participant

To add. I was using Nexus 5X and Pixel 2 with Flir One Pro camera

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hi Eugene,

Thanks so much for reporting this. I will escalate to our technical support team and hopefully this will be fixed in the next version of the SDK.

Best,
    Gavin
    FLIR Community Support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.