FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / Problem with getting thermal image after restarting app

Problem with getting thermal image after restarting app

Home Forums FLIR ONE SDK Development Android development Installation and getting started Problem with getting thermal image after restarting app

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mykhailo Mykhailo 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Rafał
    Rafał

Participant

I’m trying to integrate the thermal camera with my Android app. I use Android SDK version 3.1.3 on S61 with Android 8.1.
    There is one case when the app has a problem getting thermal image.
    Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. run app.
    2. wait for thermal image to be obtained
    3. press back to close the app.
    4. press recent button (phone’s hardware □ button) and close by swiping app out.
    5. start app again.
    6. app does not receive a thermal image.

If step 4 is performed after about 10 seconds after leaving the app, the problem will not occur.
    Any ideas?

TIA

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hey Rafal,

I’m currently investigating this issue, however it seems like it is just a glitch. I’ll continue testing to try to find a fix for you. In the meantime, I would recommend just waiting the 10 seconds so the problem doesn’t occur.

Gavin
    FLIR One Community Support

Profile photo of Patrick
    Patrick

Participant

Just want to bump this post. Wondering if anyone is having the same problem.

I can reproduce this issue in the FlirOneExampleApplication by doing the following:

1. Open the app
    2. Wait for thermal image to load
    4. Press recent apps button and close the app
    5. Restart the app

Upon restarting, the thermal image will not load.

The next time I repeat the steps, the thermal image DOES load.

This produces the behaviour of thermal images only loading every second time the app launches.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Butler
    Butler

Participant

Restarting your thermostat can resolve some issues, like a slow or frozen display, or help it get reconnected to the internet dqfanfeedback.

Profile photo of Mykhailo
    Mykhailo

Participant

Hello, got the same problem. Did some one found how to fix it? Will be very appreciate.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.