FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / disconnect, time out / Proper camera disconnection

Proper camera disconnection

Home Forums FLIR Mobile SDK Development Android Development Proper camera disconnection

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sinek Sinek 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Konrad
    Konrad

Participant

Hi,

I have a problem with camera reconecting on app restart and I can’t find any solution. When I run the app everything is working fine, however when I close it and start again I need to wait for the “Connection time out” error in order to reconnect to camera again. On application close I’m using the disconect function from the example. What other actions I need to perform to make it work?

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark

Participant

In the sample App, I toggle the disconnect and end discovery buttons a few times to get it working. probably a memory issue in the program somewhere.

Profile photo of Sinek
    Sinek

Participant

I’m experiencing the same problem. I’ve mitigated the problem by implementing retry attempts, but that’s not long term solution.

Profile photo of Sinek
    Sinek

Participant

It would be helpful to add an example based on Activity lifecycle: i.e. when to turn on/off discovery and connect/disconnect camera.

For instance, in activity resume/pause I stop/start discovery and connect/disconnect, for which I’m not sure it’s 100% correct.

Thanks

Profile photo of Sinek
    Sinek

Participant

Hi,

Any updates on this?

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hi Sinek,

This is currently being worked on by our Mobile SDK technical support team, so a full fix is underway. I will update you when it is fixed, hopefully in the next version of the SDK.

Gavin
    FLIR Community Support

Profile photo of Sinek
    Sinek

Participant

Great to hear, thank you Gavin!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.