FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / events, FLIR One, sample app, SDK / Question about FLIR One events

Question about FLIR One events

Home Forums FLIR One developer community General discussion Question about FLIR One events

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ian Butler Ian Butler 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Benjamin Hutchinson
    Benjamin Hutchinson

Participant

When an interface is implemented in your class, the events are usually supposed to override the event in the original class. But it’s not always that way in the FLIR One SDK sample app. It does in some places but not in others. It’s very inconsistent.

For example, the onFrameProcessed event does not have the @Override statement before it, but the onBatteryChargingStateReceived event DOES have the @Override statement before it. Why is this? And is it absolutely necessary for it to be this way for it to work properly? I’m developing my own app for the FLIR One, and I’m using the FLIR One SDK sample app as my guide, but this seems inconsistent. Can somebody tell me if this is the way it’s supposed to be, or if this was just a mistake on the part of the FLIR employee that wrote the sample app?

Profile photo of Ian Butler
    Ian Butler

Participant

The @Override annotation is simply that, an annotation. It is not required but is beneficial for compile-time checking for errors.

Thank you for the feedback. FLIR will improve the consistency of rhe example app in future releases.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Ian Butler Ian Butler.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.