FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / Cat S60 SDK / Request: Sample Android app for Cat S60

Request: Sample Android app for Cat S60

Home Forums FLIR ONE SDK Development Device specific CAT S60/S61 smartphones Request: Sample Android app for Cat S60

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tim Tim 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Helia
    Helia

Participant

Hey guys,
    1. Is there an SDK package for Cat S60?
    2. Has anyone successfully developed an app for this device?
    3. Are there any sample codes to log the barometer reading whenever we collect a thermal image? 🙂

Thanks a bunch!

Helia

Profile photo of Helia
    Helia

Participant

In case anyone else is looking for it, here’s the link to Cat S60 SDK: https://developer.flir.com/sdk-documentation/

Profile photo of Helia
    Helia

Participant

By the way, in Androidmanifest, you’ll need to grant permission to access the camera. You’ll also have to manually change the app’s permissions once you’ve uploaded it from your smartphone.

Profile photo of Istvan
    Istvan

Participant

Hi Helia,

Is the SDK working for you on Android (CAT S60)? No answer for my question about Activity/Application cast in the example app, so I assume either no one is using the Android SDK, or something terrible is happening in my environment.

Regards,
    Istvan

Profile photo of Tim Liew
    Tim Liew

Hi Helia and Istvan,

The Cat S60 and Android SDK’s should be very similar except with a few key differences:

1. The ThermalLinearFlux14BitImage and ThermalRadiometricKelvinImage will be different sizes than with the FLIR One.

2. When on the Cat S60, the SDK will take control of the visible camera. This means the app will not be able to open the camera. If the app wants to use the flash as a flashlight, use the SDK’s setTorchMode method

Best,
    Tim

Profile photo of Helia
    Helia

Participant

Istvan, I’m able to run the SDK. What kind of error message are you seeing?

Thanks for the suggestion Tim!

Profile photo of George
    George

Participant

Hi,

The docs in the SDK only have this to say

When running on the Cat® S60, the SDK will not connect to a FLIR One when using Device.startDiscovery. The SDK also opens the visible camera for you, asking the user for permission if needed. Your app may need to stop and start the frame stream in your activity’s onRequestPermissionsResult so that the visible camera gets started. Alternatively, you can check for and handle the camera permission before calling startFrameStream. Because the SDK has an image capture session open for the camera

The example app uses the device discovery so that doesn’t work. Yet there is no simple way to get this working on the S60. Just says the SDK opens the camera for you. What is this implying? We write regular android code to open the camera and magically the SDK will work? What about the Device.Delegate interface, do we still use that on the S60?

Profile photo of George
    George

Participant

Here is a sample app of the SDK working on a CAT S60.

https://github.com/george-haddad/thermic

Profile photo of ellinan
    ellinan

Participant

App worked ok but failed to recognize integrated Cat S60 camera. With the latest update it’s still walled by a login when there is no justification for blocking offline use and viewing of my own images and data. >Edit to FLIR’s response: What a steaming heap of corporate rubbish-speak. A total non-answer to the question of the need to log in. Sure, the “benefits” such as “product notifications” (Read: ad spam) may well be useful, but why is it mandatory? If I need support I will get in touch then and there. Get the app from Tutuapp apk download.

Profile photo of Tim
    Tim

Participant

You can search for apps on Apptogame. All good apps: Play Store, App Store, GTA 5 APK … Download at: https://apptogame.com/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.