FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / Thermal noise / Thermal noise pixels make temperature measurement difficult

Thermal noise pixels make temperature measurement difficult

Home Forums FLIR Mobile SDK Development Android Development Thermal noise pixels make temperature measurement difficult

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mihai Mihai 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Author

Profile photo of David
    David

Participant

To the FLIR Mobile SDK development team.</p>
    <p>When using the Flir Mobile SDK to process thermal image streaming, thermal noise pixels often occur, making it very difficult to make accurate temperature measurements.<br />
    You can confirm this by running the FlirOneCamera sample app distributed with the SDK by FLIR.</p>
    <p>I am measuring the highest temperature point on the thermal image, but the noise pixel is measured as the highest temperature point, causing an error in the real measured value, and there is a problem that may give wrong information to the user.</p>
    <p>When I checked it in the official app distributed by FLIR, I was able to confirm that no noise pixels were generated. There seems to be a difference in the way the thermal image is processed between the SDK and the official app.</p>
    <p>The thermal noise pixel issue is a very important factor in the effectiveness of the SDK, so we hope that the development team can quickly check it and improve it if problems are found.<br />
    If it’s not a problem with the SDK, I would be grateful if you could tell me how to do it to get rid of the noisy pixels.</p>
    <p>Below are some sample images for this issue.</p>
    <p>* Test environments<br />
    – FLIR One Pro LT 3rd gen, USB-C<br />
    – Samsung Galaxy A7(2017) with USB-C port<br />
    – Android 9<br />
    – Tested by FlirOneCamera sample app and My app on developing.<br />
    – MeasurementCollections -> MeasurementSpot</p>
    <p>* video clip about the issue above<br />
    <p>https://storage.googleapis.com/flirone/IMG_1102.MOV
    null</p>
    <p>* noise pixels on the thermal image<br />
    <br />

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of David David.

Profile photo of Mihai
    Mihai

Participant

+1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.