FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / radio image, ThermalRadiometricKelvinImage, wrong temperatures / ThermalRadiometricKelvinImage gives wrong values

ThermalRadiometricKelvinImage gives wrong values

Home Forums FLIR ONE SDK Development Android development ThermalRadiometricKelvinImage gives wrong values

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Aniket Aniket 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Bay
    Bay

Participant

I am trying to get raw temperatures from flir one in order to make a custom heatmap on Android.
    However, everytime I try to read ThermalRadiometricKelvinImage, it gives me numbers in the range of 27500-27600 (cK) in a normal room (about 20C, which should be around 29300cK).
    I have already tried automatic and manual calibration as well (performTuning()) and tested with 2 flir one pro usb-c cameras.
    Can anyone help me or explain what I am doing wrong?

Thank You!

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hi Bay,

Have you tried also getting the celsius value and then comparing to see if its inaccurate? The room may be colder than 20C. If celsius returns a different value than Kelvin I will look into this further.

I just want to make sure it is a problem with the command.

Gavin
    FLIR Support

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by Profile photo of Gavin Gavin.

Profile photo of Róbert
    Róbert

Participant

Dear Gavin,

Thank you for your response.
    Can I get direct celsius values from the camera? I am only using ThermalRadiometricKelvinImage in order to get raw data and apply a custom lookup table on it.
    Of course when I use the stock flir one android app, the temperature readings are good in celsius, it becomes an issue only when I use the ThermalRadiometricKelvin image.
    However, the normal thermal image always changes the range of colors, this is why I have to use TRKI in order to lock the temperature lookup table to a given range.
    Or is there any other way to do that?

Thank you

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by Profile photo of Róbert Róbert.
    • This reply was modified 8 months ago by Profile photo of Róbert Róbert.

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hi Robert,

Apologies for the delayed response. There is not known to be a problem with ThermalRadiometricKelvinImage, thus this problem may be due to slight variations in the camera measurements. If you want to report this issue proceed to and go to the support tab.

Thank you,
    Gavin
    FLIR Community Support

Profile photo of Clint
    Clint

Participant

Thanks guys. It was helpful

Profile photo of Aniket
    Aniket

Participant

Can you share the code of manual and automatic calibration (NUC) using Flir One SDK as I was unable to find examples for the same.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.