FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / Using bitmaps suffers from excessive slowness since 3.0.1

Using bitmaps suffers from excessive slowness since 3.0.1

Home Forums Android development Installation and getting started Using bitmaps suffers from excessive slowness since 3.0.1

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jean-Marie Jean-Marie 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Jean-Marie
    Jean-Marie

Participant

Hello,

I need to stream the frames captured by the FLIR ONE from our application to some other applications. For that I cannot use the GL surface renderer because the frames cannot be retrieved in any effective way using this method. What I need is the regular way of capturing frames using bitmaps (i.e. new FrameProcessor(…, …, false)).

Unfortunately, this way of capturing frames is particularly ineffective since at least version 3.0.1 whereas it was running very smoothly in version 1.2.8 (I don’t know for versions in between). This can be very easily checked by just comparing the two example apps shipped in the two respective SDK versions 1.2.8 and 3.0.1 (using the activity PreviewActivity.java).

Is it possible to fix this somehow? Note that it’s not an option to use the old SDK 1.2.8 as it is very unstable according to my tests.

Jean-Marie

Participant

Hello,

I am still facing this issue. Could someone have a look at it?

Profile photo of Allison
    Allison

Hi Jean-Marie

I apologize for the delay in response. I am currently looking into this and will report back when I have some answers.

Thank you,
    Allison Torchia

Jean-Marie

Participant

Hi Allison, thanks for the update.

Jean-Marie

Participant

Hi,

Is there any news on this matter?

Profile photo of Allison
    Allison

Hi Jean-Marie

I apologize for the delay again. We are still researching this issue. I apologize that it taking some time. I hope to get back to you with progress soon.

Thank you so much for your patience,
    Allison Torchia

Jean-Marie

Participant

Hi,

We are still looking for a solution to this problem. Has it been solved?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.