FLIR One Developer / Blog / Topics / what is the must basic thermal data i can get from the FlirOneComera

what is the must basic thermal data i can get from the FlirOneComera

Home Forums FLIR developer community General discussion what is the must basic thermal data i can get from the FlirOneComera

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dan dan 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Author

Profile photo of dan
    dan

Participant

hello everyone
    im useing the moble android SDK. (1.1.1.) and i want to know how get the must basic data from the FlirOneComera camera.

im using camera for deep learning, and i need the data to be without any pre-processing. as raw as possible
    anyone have a tip from where to start?

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hi Dan,

I would take a look at this forum for the time being. Although this is with the old SDK, I believe it is still up to date. I am also asking our technical support team for an update on getting raw data and will post here when I get a response.

Best,
    Gavin
    FLIR Community Support

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Gavin Gavin.

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hey Dan,

Quick update. For the new Mobile SDK a good starting point would be using the FLIROneCamera sample, in order to get the basic functionality. Then, after connecting to the camera & starting streaming, he will have access to the ThermalImages, which should provide him all the information he needs. I don’t think there’s anything more basic than that.
    Regards,
    Gavin
    FLIr Community Support

Profile photo of dan
    dan

Participant

and then i can use a fuction like FusionMode.THERMAL_ONLY to get data, or one of the thermalimage function like getValueAt(). to get the value.

but i have same problem with this as well.
    you need to set the TemperatureUnit to the raw one (signal), but only CELSIUS, FAHRENHEIT, KELVIN are supported as for now.
    the Fourth option. Unit in Signal. is yet to be supported in the SDK i using (i download the new one lest week, not sure if it 1.3 or one older then it)

I will quote, under TemperatureUnit of an image:

Signal is the actual value from the Thermal image not converted to a temperature. It also is an RAW value without any corrections applied (like non-uniformity correction – NUC in short) and is not influenced by any of the ImageParameters. A signal value is not absolute; comparison between signal values from different images can be misleading.

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hey Dan,

Would you report this here. That way you can speak directly with our technical support staff. The more detail you provide the better they will be able to assist you.

Thank you,
    Gavin
    FLIR Community Support

Profile photo of Gavin
    Gavin

Keymaster

Hey Dan,

Would you report this here. That way you can speak directly with our technical support staff. The more detail you provide the better they will be able to assist you.

Thank you,
    Gavin
    FLIR Community Support

Profile photo of dan
    dan

Participant

have been send them on 20.8, but yet to get a response…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.