FLIR Mobile Developer / Blog / Topics / Why do I keep getting a “cannot connect to X server error”?

Why do I keep getting a “cannot connect to X server error”?

Home Forums FLIR developer community General discussion Why do I keep getting a “cannot connect to X server error”?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Velma Velma 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Velma
    Velma

Participant

I am using the FLIR camera with my Raspberry Pi and running it on a Raspbian destro of linux. I’ve followed the instructions on the Github page perfectly when trying to setup the raspberrypi_video files. Everything worked fine but when I attempted to run the program with sudo ./raspberrypi_video command I just get an error that says raspberrypi_video: cannot connect to X server error

What server are they talking about and why do I need a server to work with a camera?

I’ve checked to make sure that my pins are set up properly and I’ve done all the necessary apt-get commands so I have no idea why this is happening. Anyone on here have a clue?

GitHub Repo.

Spark Fun Hookup Guide.

Profile photo of Paul
    Paul

Participant

It seems the php script can’t access your display variable. If you logged in via ssh remember to tunnel your X-server via ‘ssh -X …’ Your second option is to create a virtual frame buffer using Xvfb and redirect the display variable to it:

export DISPLAY=:100.0
    Xvfb :100 &

Note the ampersand for the second command as Xvfb needs to be running in the background.

omegle

Profile photo of Velma
    Velma

Participant

It seems the php script can’t access your display variable. If you logged in via ssh remember to tunnel your X-server via ‘ssh -X …’ Your second option is to create a virtual frame buffer using Xvfb and redirect the display variable to it:

export DISPLAY=:100.0
    Xvfb :100 &
    Note the ampersand for the second command as Xvfb needs to be running in the background.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question

dgcustomerfirst

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘General discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.